- 4-5 small or 2 large orange carrots, boiled and mashed
- 1 can chickpeas, 250g drained (I boil them and remove the skin to make them easier to digest)
- 4-5 tablespoons garlic infused olive oil
- a pinch of salt and black pepper
- juice from a lemon
- 70ml cold water
- 4-5 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Fresh carrot tops from the 5-6 carrots
- 4 pieces sprouted garlic and 5 tablespoons neutral oil or 5 tablespoons garlic infused oil
- 3 tablespoons parmesan
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons pine nuts
To make the hummus, put everything (aside from water) in a food processor and blitz until smooth. Add water, bit by bit to your liking and continue processing until fully incorporated.
To make the pesto, place ingredients in a food processor and blitz until smooth. Add more oil and salt if needed.
Serve hummus cold with pine nuts, roasted carrots, pesto drizzled on top and your favourite bread or crispbread.