- 6 large Russet potatoes
- 80g butter, a little knob for each potato
- 60g grated cheddar cheese, about two tablespoons for each potato
- 300g pulled pork, chicken or seasoned jack fruit
- red cabbage salad (half a red cabbage, shredded, 2 tablespoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar, 1/2 tablespoon pepper, 1/2 tablespoon thyme)
- 100g black Kalamata olives
- 100g grated cheddar cheese
- 120ml sour cream, a dollop for each potato
- handful chive and garlic sprout leaves, chopped
Heat oven to 180°C. Pierce potatoes with a fork and pop in the oven on a parchment lined backing tray. Cook until soft on the inside, about 45 min to an hour, depending on your oven.
While the potatoes bake, make the red cabbage salad. Finely slice the cabbage, sprinkle salt, rub and squeeze until you are able to remove some of the juice. This make it much easier to digest. Add, oil, vinegar, pepper and thyme and toss well to coat.
Heat up your choice of pulled protein.
Remove potatoes from oven and cut a little lid on all of them, on one side. Add a little butter and cheese and mash the potatoes, making sure not to pierce the skin.
Add pulled protein, grated cheese, a dollop of sour cream, chives and garlic and 4 olives. Serve hot.