Ingredients – approximate measures
- gluten free puff pastry block or sheet
- 200g lactose free cream cheese
- 6-8 large asparagus spears cut lengthwise
- handful frozen peas
- salad cress or watercress
- wild rocket
- dry thyme
- wild garlic flavoured salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- one egg
- fresh chives
Pre-heat the oven to 180 °C. Roll out the puff pastry on parchment paper. Create a border all the way round by lightly running a knife 1 cm from the edge. Transfer to a large baking tray and bake for 25 minutes.
Defrost peas in hot water and drain. Remove puff pastry from oven. With a large flat spoon gently push the middle of the puff pastry down. Beat the egg and paint the edge with it. Spoon, then spread the cream cheese to create a uniform layer.
Add peas, asparagus, thyme, salt and pepper. Place back in the over for another 10 minutes. Add salad cress and rocket. Slice and serve.